Soquilichi Rescue Ranch (SRR)
Soquilichi Rescue Ranch is a small not for profit "NO KILL" charity that is registered with the ACNC (Australian charities and not for profits commission) and we are also endorsed as a DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient). Soquilichi Rescue Ranch was established to assist with saving animals from death row, as well as neglected, abused and or unwanted pets.
SRR's final goal with any of the wonderful animals that are rescued is to find them a loving permanent home. If you would like to adopt contact us now
All animals that come to SRR are fostered out to dedicated foster carers. If you would like to be a foster carer please contact us
SRR operates wholly and solely on the support of its valued volunteers. If you can help out this wonderful cause in any way please contact us.
What We Do
Soquilichi Rescue Ranch is a small team of animal loving volunteers with big hearts and intentions that do the things they do with no money being paid to them.
The volunteers at Soquilichi Rescue Ranch are working hard to save the lives of "death row" animals as well as neglected, abused and or unwanted pets. There are often 60 or more cats and kittens on "deathrow" awaiting our help.
There are often 60 or more cats and kittens on "deathrow" awaiting our help.
Soquilichi Rescue Ranch is constantly active in the "Rescue Community" and operates 24/7 to find a way to provide these innocent souls with a new life.
Our Mission & Goals
Soquilichi Rescue Ranch continues to strive...
1. To legalise mandatory desexing on the Sunshine Coast.
2. To find a way to lower costs involved in desexing to make it available to all.
3. To create more awareness & education for the public, regarding the current issues in the animal world.
4. To gain the support of local businesses.
5. To raise more funds and gain financial support.
What You Can Do To Assist Us
1. SHARE the word. Educate & give others a chance to see what we do & who we are.
2. FOSTER an animal. All you need is a safe warm bed & food. We provide the rest.
3. ADOPT a pet. Death-row pets are incredible animals that deserve your love.
4. GIVE your unwanted linen to us! We go through huge amounts of towels, sheets etc.
5. FOOD donations are always WANTED. As well as litter, beds, toys etc.
6. GIVE your unwanted items to our ONLINE AUCTIONS. Your trash is our treasure.
7. JOIN our ONLINE AUCTIONS on Facebook.
8. JOIN the SRR $1 CLUB. Just $1 per week can change the lives of many.
9. DONATE to our Charity. Money helps SAVE lives.
What You Get In Return
1. Personal satisfaction, knowing that you have helped to save innocent lives
2. The opportunity to connect with "like-minded" people
3. The chance to visit some of the lives you are helping to save
4. Your chance to visit the horses we care for (by appointment)
Become a Foster Carer
Foster Carers are a very important part of Soquilichi Rescue Ranches operations.
All animals that come to Soquilichi Rescue Ranch are fostered out to dedicated foster carers where they are kept in a safe indoor environment and given ample opportunities to learn how to reintegrate into a family atmosphere. They are loved as if they are owned by that foster carer and many tears are often shed when the goodbyes are said.
Sad tears, as they are all missed and happy tears, knowing that a small soul has been saved and will live a long and happy life. This is a very important part of the Soquilichi Rescue Ranch's operations.
All animals that come to the Soquilichi Rescue Ranch receive all veterinarian work prior to being adopted unless they are kittens that are released under the required weight for desexing. In this case, the kittens are invited to return to Soquilichi Rescue Ranch for a visit with the vet for later desexing. This is included in the adoption fee and in the adoption contract.
Adopting an Animal
The Soquilichi Rescue Ranch relies upon adoptions to rehome the multitude of cats, kittens, puppies, dogs, ponies and horses, not to mention the other types of domesticated animals, that require our assistance. These adoptions are a very serious and important part of what we do and therefore, great care is taken to ensure the correct home is found for each and every rescued animal in our care. To ensure that the adoption is successful, in the long-term, the volunteers at SRR do everything they can to assist prospective adoptees to, understand just what will be involved in giving these wonderful animals new homes, to ensure these new homes are suitable and that there is suitable chemistry between the person adopting and the animal to be adopted.
These adoptions are a very serious and important part of what we do and therefore, great care is taken to ensure the correct home is found for each and every rescued animal in our care. To ensure that the adoption is successful, in the long-term, the volunteers at SRR do everything they can to assist prospective adoptees to, understand just what will be involved in giving these wonderful animals new homes, to ensure these new homes are suitable and that there is suitable chemistry between the person adopting and the animal to be adopted.
Once all the "checks and balances" are taken care of, an adoption contract is signed as a written agreement to love and care for the little lost soul being given a new home.